Friday, September 25, 2009

SORRY TO HAVE BEEN GONE!

...BUT I'M BACK!
*****
So sorry I was MIA ....I just needed a bit of time to get a few things in order and to finish a few UFO's. You know how it is ...to many things to do and so little time!
One little thing that I had to finish up ...was this 'Friendship Bag' for a swap I joined.
You can check out it out here. Rachel Griffith also put together this
great tutorial here. Here is the little bag I made
for my secret partner. I will say ....I did have
to mail it out of the country. That's all I'll say, I'm not sure
if she has recieved it.

I had a lot of fun sewing this and using up a few of my fat quarters.
It's a fun little project and so easy to sew.

I used a feather stich to quilt this bag. The little bags were to be 5″ high, 5.5″ wide, 3″ depth.


And....here is what I sent along with my bag! A few fat quarters, a little crochet covered tape measure and a flower pin cushion.I also included a few buttons, pins and rick-rack trim! I also sent along a few 'Made in Utah' truffle bars!

Here is it ...all filled up and ready for the post. It's amazing how much stuff you can stuff into this little bag! I sure hope my 'secret partner' likes my 'Friendship Bag'!

*****
Thanks for letting me share! If you like to see more 'Friendship Bags' you can go over to the
'Flickr' group. There are some really cute bags to see!

7 comments:

Apron of the Month Club said...

Your tote is adorable. I love the bright colores...so cheerful.

Yoli Kalkofen
http://apronofthemonthclub.blogspot.com/

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! It's nice to see you here again! Looks like you've been busy!

Kathleen Grace said...

Cute,cute, cute! The bag is adorable and i love that pincushion:>) I know firsthand what a great swap partner you are. Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Love your blog...truly love the flower pin cushion.

Evie

Ruth Welter said...

Wow Alice, I love the bag you created, it is just gorgeous.

Lucky lady who receives that in the mail.

Ruth

Rebecca said...

You are so talented! LOVE the bag! Lucky swap partner!!!

Hugs,
Rebecca

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I'm going to check out that pattern. I've have been in a sewing mood lately! Thank you for your visits to my blog. I really appreciate that you've stuck by me!