Thursday, September 4, 2008

A VERY SPECIAL DAY....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!



Today is my mother birthday! Today she is 86. She would not be happy if she knew I was telling you this. I believe that each birthday that we celebrate is special and this one is certainly no exception. She would have a fit though ...announcing to the world that she is 86! I don't look at my mother as 86 ...I still see a young mother. The mother that she was when I was growing up. I do look at her sometimes and realize that time is slipping away, that she walks a little slower, that there are a few more story lines upon her face. That she has a few extra aches and pains that I don't recall her talking about. But, 86! Now that's something to be proud of. She still lives alone ...my father passed away five years ago and she misses him so. I am proud of her though ...that she is still so independent...living in a large home with a large garden all on her own. We should all be so lucky to be 86 and still so very independent!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
I love you lots!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you, we should all age like your mother! And what a beautiful young woman she was! Wow! She is definitely a mom to be proud of and aspire to be like. I hope she has a wonderful day.

Junie Moon said...

A very happy birthday to your mother!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

She is beautiful! Mine is 80 :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely Mother.
I love the socks with the beads in the previous post. I think I will make some like that for me :)

Di Overton said...

A big Happy Birthday to your Mother.
xo

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Alice...ow, happy birthday to your mom. You are right, birthday's should be a time of celebration!!!

Ruth